Inside the Municipality of Trent Hills, the picturesque Village of Hastings is located on the Trent River just an hour and a half northeast of Toronto. It serves as a major centre for tourists, boaters and fishermen. Known as the “Hub of the Trent” and a designated Trent-Severn Trail Town, the village includes many amenities that you wouldn’t expect in a small town – including a full grocery store, several highly rated restaurants and access to both the Great Trail and the Trent Severn Waterway!
Things to do:
- Visit Pisces Pete, on the south shore of the Trent.
- Relax at the gazebo on the north shore of the Trent
- Explore the Great Trail and visit the old Railway swing bridge
- Visit Lock 18 on the Trent-Severn Waterway
- Go fishing in the Trent River for muskie, pickerel, pike, walleye, bass, catfish, perch, crappie, and bluegill.
- Take a walk down to the Hastings Edible Garden.
- Enjoy the scenic views along River Road
Places to Eat:
- Jiang’s Restaurant
- The Captains Table
- McGillicafey’s Pub and Eatery
- Bridgewater Coffee & Pizza
- Banjo’s Grill
Places to Stay:
- Todd’s Valumart
- Remedy’sRx – Johnston’s Pharmacy
- Hastings Home Hardware
- RBC Royal Bank
- Beer Store
Other things to see and do: